THE PEOPLE PUT THEIR TRUST IN YOU
As a public entity, you have many people depending on you. They go about their day to day business, trusting you have their best interests well in hand.
This includes keeping their personal information confidential. In the past, sensitive data was considered safe as long as paperwork was stored safely, spreadsheets locked, and offices secure. Today, it’s not that simple.
Consider these alarming occurrences in 2018 alone:
· Many Atlanta city systems were frozen for five days by the SamSam Group hackers, who demanded a ransom of $51,000 in bitcoin.
· The Baltimore City 911 dispatch system was hacked for nearly a full day, forcing a switch to less reliable, inefficient manual communication.
· Public administration ranked as the industry with the most email-borne malware in Symantec's 2018 Internet Security Threat Report
Preparing to respond isn’t enough. When a cyber breach occurs, damage goes far beyond the financial and business impacts – it’s a blow to your community’s trust in you. Damage control response plans are vital. Perhaps even more important is taking the right measures to prevent cyber mishaps from occurring in the first place.
THE BERKLEY CYBER RISK SOLUTIONS DIFFERENCE
Because Berkley Cyber Risk Solutions has a singular focus on cyber exposure, we are able to constantly refine our coverage options to address emerging risks. Beyond that, though, we offer pre- and post-breach services to help you prevent loss and recover gracefully.
The Berkley Cyber Risk Solutions team has an average of over 22 years’ experience and has been involved with designing cyber insurance solutions since the early 2000’s.
THIRD-PARTY COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS
· Data Security and Privacy
· Payment Card Industry
· Cyber Media
THIRD-PARTY COVERAGE FEATURES
· Claims Made coverage
· Comprehensive definitions of Claim, Insured, Data Security Event
· Data Security and Privacy Event includes Personally Identifiable and Corporate Information
· Punitive Damages included (where available by law)
· Duty to Defend
· Favorable consent to settlement, with insured ability to settle within retention
· Broad definition of Damages associated with a PCI Claim
· Cyber Risk Solutions Services - Reimbursement for costs to replace, remediate and improve computer systems and establish and improve data security practices and policies.
· Forensic Accounting Costs – Included for business interruption
Combining underwriting expertise and dedicated claims handling, coordinated with a data breach response team, enables our clients to have confidence they are receiving superior products and services.
CONNECT WITH US
To discuss adding cyber liability coverage, speak with your contact at Berkley Public Entity, give us a call at (844) 972-2736 or email Berkley CyberRisk at firstname.lastname@example.org.